Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The List: circa April, 2022

It's been a while since I've taken a look at The List, and I've got some updates to make! Let's get right to it:  

Published Games - I got to add a little bit to this section:

Terra Prime (BGG)
Eminent Domain (BGG) [new edition coming 2023 from a new publisher!]
Eminent Domain: Escalation (BGG) (expansion) [new edition coming 2023 from a new publisher!]
Eminent Domain: Exotica (BGG) (expansion) [new edition coming 2023 from a new publisher!]
Eminent Domain: Oblivion (BGG) (expansion) [new edition coming 2023 from a new publisher!]
Eminent Domain: Microcosm (BGG) [theoretically signed by a publisher!]
Isle of Trains (Co-Design with Dan Keltner) (BGG) [new edition coming 2022/2023 from Dranda Games!]
Isle of Trains: All Aboard (Co-Design with Dan Keltner) [New edition with included expansion]
Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done (BGG[now available for preorder from Renegade!]
Crusaders: Divine Influence (BGG) (expansion) [finally available for preorder from Renegade!]
- Crusaders: Crimson Knight (expansion) [coming soon (2023?) from Renegade!]
- Crusaders: Amber Knight (expansion) [coming soon (2023?) from Renegade!]
Dungeon Roll: Winter Heroes (BGG)
- Gold West: Bandits promo (BGG)
- Gold West: Trading Post promo (BGG)
- Yokohama: Achievements & Free Agents promo (BGG)
Brainfreeze
- Amun-Re expansion [coming soon from Alley Cat Games with 20th Anniversary edition!]

Finished But Unpublished Games - in line to be published:
Eminent Domain Origins [Ready to print] [theoretically signed by a publisher!]
Eminent Domain: Chaos Theory (dice game) [Ready for art] 
[theoretically signed by a publisher!]
Deities & Demigods (Co-Design with Matthew Dunstan) [signed by a publisher!]

Currently Pitching Games - "actively" looking for a publisher (though I haven't actively been doing much of anything lately!):

Apotheosis (Co-Design with Rick Holzgrafe) [pitching to publishers]
Sails & Sorcery [with Michael Mindes] [pitching to publishers]
Riders of the Pony Express (BGG) [pitching to publishers]
Exhibit (BGG) [pitching to publishers]
Keeping Up with the Joneses [pitching to publishers]
All For One (BGG) (Co-Design with David Brain) [pitching to publishers]

"Finished" But Unpublished Games - abandoned or backburnered designs that are "done":
Dice Works (BGG)
Wizard's Tower (BGG) [Abandoned]
Suburban Sprawl
Watch It Played [Abandoned]
Now Boarding [Abandoned]
Rolling RealmsJaffee Realms (for Jamey Stegmaier's Rolling Realms)

Current Active Designs - these are the games I'm actively testing or working on:

Backburnered Designs - I kid myself into thinking that I'm still working on these:
- Isle Of Trains: The Board Game (Co-Design with Dan Keltner)
Joan of Arc

Promising Recent ideas:
Worker-ception [with David Short]
False Prophet [Mancala/Worker Placement]
Come And Play [Sesame Street memory/rondel game]
Candyland Game [Candyland/No Thanks mashup]


Old Standbys - games which have been around, 1/2 done and untouched, for years:
8/7 Central [Abandoned]
Hot & Fresh [Abandoned]
Reading Railroad [Abandoned]
Kilauea [a designer showed interest in co-designing, but that didn't go anywhere]
Automatown [with Michael Brown]
Dynasty [I still think this one has potential]

Misc and Really Old Stuff - most of this I'll probably never get back to, but I like keeping it around just in case:
9-Ball
Blockade Runner
- Roman Emperors (my version of someone else's game)
- Admirals of the Spanish Main (my version of someone else's game)
-Scourge of the High Seas [deckbuilding game with 2 center rows]

Here are notable comments on some of the updates I've recently made to The List:

Amun-Re expansion [coming soon from Alley Cat Games with 20th Anniversary edition!]
I got a development gig helping Alley Cat Games create expansion modules for their upcming 20th Anniversary edition of Amun-Re. It was fun working on a classic euro, and a game that I've enjoyed for almost 2 decades. I had the opportunity to both develop some of the content created by the Alley Cat team, as well as suggest/create some additional content. I even have some leftover content that they didn't end up using, that I think could still be worthwhile - another module, and a not-quite-finished solo mode. Perhaps some of that will see the light of day in a future expansion (I feel that's doubtful), or in the variants forums on BGG.

Eminent Domain (BGG) [new edition coming 2023 from a new publisher!]
Eminent Domain: Escalation (BGG) (expansion) [new edition coming 2023 from a new publisher!]
Eminent Domain: Exotica (BGG) (expansion) [new edition coming 2023 from a new publisher!]
Eminent Domain: Oblivion (BGG) (expansion) [new edition coming 2023 from a new publisher!]
I managed to sign Eminent Domain and its expansions to the publisher of a lot of my favorite games over the years. They haven't announced anything yet, so I won't be specific, but watch for an EmDo big box some time next year!

If that goes well, I'm told the publisher is interested in my EmDo ancillary products as well: Microcosm, Chaos Theory, and Eminent Domain Origins. I put in the contract that they have the option to publish those under the same contract, to make it easy for them to do so. I look forward to more info about this becoming available. Here's hoping the line does well for them!

Isle of Trains: All Aboard (Co-Design with Dan Keltner) [New edition with included expansion]
I was approached by Dranda Games, who wanted to pick up the license for Isle of Trains. Dan and I had created the All Aboard expansion for the original publisher something like 7 years ago, but nothing ever happened with that outside of a little bit of artwork.

Dranda is excited to include All Aboard, and they're running a kickstarter later this year for a deluxe version! They did some development on the game, which I decided ahead of time that I was going to just be OK with. I'm excited to play the game in its final form!

Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done (BGG[now available for preorder from Renegade!]
Crusaders: Divine Influence (BGG) (expansion) [finally available for preorder from Renegade!]
- Crusaders: Crimson Knight (expansion) [coming soon from Renegade!]
- Crusaders: Amber Knight (expansion) [coming soon from Renegade!]
Renegade Game Studios has picked up the Crusaders line. They are reprinting the base game, including the deluxe version, and they're also finally making available the long awaited Divine Influence expansion - the one that's been printed and sitting in China for 2+ years! They'll be reprinting the expansion as well once that stock is gone, and they've also committed to my 5th/6th player Crimson/Amber Knight expansions!

Deities & Demigods [signed by a publisher!]
A publisher signed Deities & Demigods, and we're setting it in their own fantasy universe. They asked me to make the game a little heavier, more "4X-y," so I added a deity who's action is to explore. There are now face down tiles on each non-city, non-quest space, in 5 different colors (or "terrains"). You can use the new deity to move your troops a little bit, and/or explore these face down tiles. It came together pretty well, I think, and I've passed the game off to the publisher's in-house developer for any finishing touches they might want to make.

No comments: