Thursday, May 08, 2008

Reading Railroad Rules

I've updated the rules for Reading Railroad after Tuesday's testing and brainstorming. This is going to have to do for the KublaCon game design contest. I feel like this game isn't as solid or "finished" as previous entries All for One or Wizard's Tower, but at least I think it's refreshing and new as far as games go. I guess I'll have to wait until the end of the month to find out what the judges think!

EDIT: Please feel free to nitpick the rules and leave a comment on this post as to what needs fixing! Typos, inconsistencies, etc.

EDIT AGAIN, 5/10/08: I updated the rules for submission to the contest, and uploaded them again. If you want to see the new version you can check that out now.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

It seems inevitable that there will be some more development work in store for the game ... not having played it, of course, I can't say for sure, but it looks like you have the core of an interesting game there and it's just a question of smoothing out the details.

Not much in the way of nitpicks for the rules, although if you meant to have a hand size limit for resource tiles, you should probably mention that somewhere :-)

Seth Jaffee said...

Damn it, I think I forgot to put the bit about the hand limit in there! Oh well, maybe it'll be OK. The section where it describes the coin payout for words only goes up to 6, so maybe that's good enough (assuming people read that as a maximum).

Maybe I';ll drop an email to the contest people about that.

- Seth