Thursday, March 11, 2021

Another day, another prototype on Tabletop Simulator

Tabletop Simulator - tips and tricks

Tabletop Simulator is not the greatest way to play games, but I have to say that without it, I'd be doing ZERO playtesting, so I'm glad it exists!

As I've been using TTS more and more, I'm starting to become more proficient a it. Notable Game Designer of North Carolina, Matt Wolfe, has been posting a helpful series of TTS Tips on Twitter and their blog, and my friend and former TMG cohort, Andy Van Zandt, passed on to me a handful of helpful tools he'd come across and saved, such as a table resizer, a thing that places evenly spaced snap points between 2 items, and a bag of moveable text (which is awesome, as the text feature sucks so badly).

Deities & Demigods Virtual Prototype

I realized I have a game that's basically done, but not yet published, and I haven't played it in quite some time. So last weekend I decided to make a TTS mod for Deities & Demigods (AKA Olympus on the Serengeti):

Deities & Demigods virtual prototype on TTS

The files I had contained a Hades module, which is still untested, and not intended to be in the game (perhaps a future expansion), so I decided to include all that, but cover it up (see gray panels above). Those panels are locked in place over the bits, and could easily be removed if I ever decide to try the module out -- now that I have the prototype on TTS, maybe that's something I can realistically do now.

I'm looking forward to playing this game just to play it, even if not testing something new -- I like it, I think it plays well, and I haven't played in forever!


Sails & Sorcery Virtual Prototype Update

And because TTS screenshots are cool, here's one of the updated prototype for Sails & Sorcery that I did after playing a couple weeks ago and finding the mod lacking a bit. Table space is always a buggar on TTS, so that resizer tool Andy found seems like it could be super useful:

No comments: