Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I have an issue with one of the ideas for WoF that I had been considering. Jeff Warrender suggested something I think is good... that players should bet on which round Odysseus will get to particular locations - not just when the game will end. I thought I might make the bet chips all specific to one of the locations and have them drawn randomly, however I'm now thinking that a player could get really screwed by simply drawing locations the boat has already visited or that are either really close or unlikely to be visited anymore, so I'm suddenly not liking that idea anymore.

My next thought is to give each player a set of bet chips - one for each location. I'm afraid this might lead to the same problem as before though with everyone having the same things to bet with and therefore making similar bets.

I guess I'll have to think about that some more. Hopefully the new deck and set collecting will help.

No comments: