There's a website called Kickstarter.com which helps people raise funding for creative projects. I've been wanting to utilize that ever since I saw how well it worked for Clever Mojo Games funding Alien Frontiers. Michael was skeptical, but I have finally convinced him that it's a good idea, so we'll be launching a Kickstarter campaign to fund Eminent Domain.
Michael has made a video explaining why we need the funding:
He also started a thread on BGG about it. On his blog he listed the rewards we're considering, and I'll do the same here. Please leave a comment with your opinion on the rewards! Which are good? What would you like to see that's not listed?
- Copies of the games (at various quantities).
- Limited edition cover of the game which would be digitally numbered and signed by the designer and artist. Either 100 or 250 of these available total.
- Promotional Eminent Domain T-Shirts – my current favorite ideas are: “I <3 Eminent Domain”, “I <3 ED”, and “Eminent Domain for President”.
- Tasty Minstrel or Eminent Domain Polo Shirts (nice collared shirt with the logo embroidered on the breast.)
- Poster of the box art.
- Name in the rules at various supporter levels, such as bronze, silver, gold, etc.
- Tasty Minstrel Games sponsored game night. Expensive and Awesome!
- Shipping outside of the USA. This would be to cover additional costs for sending things outside of the USA.
- Your name on one of the Tech advances.
- Prints of the original art for Tech cards
We'll be kicking off this kickstarter campaign in a week or so. Thanks for your support, and please leave comments about the rewards!